The container ocean freight rate juggernaut that began rolling up the hill since April 2020, creating windfall profits for carriers and putting intense financial burden on buyers..
This juggernaut has been rolling downhill since September 2021 and gaining momentum as we get closer to the traditional shipping peak season..
While this is the case with the container spot freight market, questions have been raised on the importance of spot rates especially with the disparity in rates that the various indices in this segment have..
Join experts on either side of the rate divide on the 7th of September 2022 – 10:00 EST as they analyse the impact of container spot rates vs contract rates in the current period and where it is headed..
The panel will discuss:
– Prevalence and credibility of spot rates
– Impact of spot rates on inflation
– Who benefits most from spot rates and contract rates..??
– What drives pricing in the container shipping sector..??
Moderator – Hariesh Manaadiar – Founder of Shipping and Freight Resource
· Shabsie Levy – CEO/Founder of Shifl
· John D. McCown – Founder of Blue Alpha Capital
· Stephen Nothdurft – Vice President – Midwest Region at HMM