Once upon a time I was sitting all by my lonely self wondering
- How I could contribute to the shipping and freight industry
- How I could do something that would fuel my second passion – educating
- How I could help newcomers to the shipping industry understand a bit more about the processes and procedures
- How I could share some of my experiences and knowledge with others and
- How I could engage other like minded people in the industry in active and useful discussions that will help others………………………………
then it hit me like a ton of ships..!! Why not start a blog about Shipping and Freight..!!
The thought progressed into action and half a decade (makes it sound like a long time when i say it like that) on, here we are, the Shipping and Freight Resource is going strong, doing well, encouraging discussions, helping new comers, attracting and answering questions..
It has been a pleasurable, worthy and fulfilling 5 years of blogging and I look forward to more discussions and interactions going forward..
This blog endeavors to spread awareness of what goes into moving 90% of the worlds trade by sea around the world and the various processes, documentation and procedures involved therein..
Looking back, in the last 5 years, this blog :
- Has been visited by more than 1.30 million visitors from all over the world
- Has tweeted more than 2,300 messages
- Has published 259 articles of interest relating to the shipping and freight industry
- Has been listed in the International Maritime Organisation website as an Educational Resource
- Has assisted in providing solutions to several problems raised by the readers from around the world via comments on the articles and the question form (some of them with the help of industry experts)
- Has initiated several thought provoking discussions regarding various legal and practical issues surrounding the industry and its processes
All this wouldn’t have been possible without YOU the readers of this blog.. For this opportunity and experience thus far, I THANK YOU..
You have subscribed to the blog, commented on the articles, asked questions, answered questions, shared and spread the word about this blog.. Without this active interest from YOU the readers, I wouldn’t have the motivation to carry on writing from my happy corner..
I invite like minded people from the Shipping and Freight industry to contribute any own articles, join the discussions and share your knowledge and experience in the industry with everyone.. Drop me a note with any article or topic that you would like to share with others and if suitable, I will publish it in your name.. Easy as chalk..
Together we can educate more people around the world and raise awareness about our wonderful industry and the role that we play in the global arena..
This blog is available on below social media, so feel free to communicate, follow, contribute and be in touch whichever way possible..
Please use the hashtags #shippingandfreight and #shippingeducation if you are tweeting about this site or re-tweeting any of the articles..
UPDATE 30.10.2013 : Had a sweet surprise from the family when i went home – a cake with the blog header on it.. Wow, that was very thoughtful and sweet.. Love my family..
*** End of Article ***