The new Thermo King CFF units can reach and maintain box temperature in the toughest conditions between -30 and +30 degrees Celsius to safeguard product quality
Brussels, Apr. 8, 2021 – Thermo King®, a leader in transport temperature control solutions and a brand of Trane Technologies, introduced today its new Container Fresh & Frozen (CFF) refrigeration solutions for containers.
The new Thermo King CFF reefers feature improved temperature and humidity control, lower total cost of ownership and comes with industry-standard R-134A low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerant. For even less environmental impact, the CFF is also ready for the R-513A drop-in refrigerant option.
“With CFF, Thermo King brings in decades of container refrigeration knowledge acquired from the intermodal use of reefer units on rough roads and even rougher seas,” said Peter Hansen, product leader at Thermo King Marine, Rail and Bus.
“Since the 1950s Thermo King has been raising the bar for reefer performances, designing solutions that last longer and better protect our customers’ high value cargo. The CFF makes use of our proven technology and combines it with the latest in smart, connected, and customizable cold-chain innovations to set new standards in operating efficiency.”
The new Thermo King CFF unit features advanced temperature management control system that delivers best-in-class, precise temperature control of +/- 0.25 degrees Celsius in chilled mode and +/- 1 degrees Celsius in frozen mode.
For increased operational efficiency, the CFF offers fast pull-down and can quickly reach specific set-points to increase the storage life of shipped goods.
Additional sustainability benefits and reduction in operating cost come from the ability to optimize the power consumption mode to consume less energy and activate a wider temperature spread without compromising the cargo.
The best-in-class temperature control is ensured by the proven Thermo King MP-4000 controller featuring advanced control algorithms, a faster processor and the ultraprecise PT1000 control sensors.
The controller brings in the intelligence and seamless connectivity to the CFF thanks to its compatibility with a wide range of telematics solutions for both one-way and two-way communication.
A built-in Remote Monitoring Module also enables the controller to interface with customers’ vessel monitoring systems.
The new Thermo King CFF reefer units includes further unique features that comprehensively address a wide range of operational challenges, including:
- Automated Smart PreTrip Inspection performance audits. The MP-4000 controller can perform full inspections during reefer operation – in any location, empty or loaded.
- Advanced Fresh Air Management to protect fresh produce from detrimental atmospheric conditions. The MP-4000 controller and AFAM+ maintain the specified fresh air rates with Air vent logging (AVL) documenting the actual air exchange process.
- Synchronized defrost enabling simultaneous defrost cycles for adjoining reefers to optimize cooling performance and energy efficiency.
- Energy data logging for insight about real-life power consumption and better decisions about power usage. The controller’s data logger also records temperatures, humidity, air-exchange, CO2/O2, pressures, events and PTI results for each trip.
- Optional compatible water-cooled condensers for a reliable alternative and reduced power consumption when air cooling capacity is insufficient – for example below deck.
Thermo King as a leading brand of Trane Technologies, continues to help solve for some of the world’s biggest sustainability challenges and inspire a movement with bold 2030 Sustainability Commitments.
These commitments include a pledge to reduce customer greenhouse gas emissions by one gigaton (2% of the world’s annual emissions), and the all-new CFF units will help achieve that goal by increasing the power coefficient and reducing our customers environmental impact.
For more information about the CFF, please visit the Thermo King Marine website.
# # #
About Thermo King
Thermo King – by Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT), a global climate innovator – is a worldwide leader in sustainable transport temperature control solutions.
Thermo King has been providing transport temperature control solutions for a variety of applications, including trailers, truck bodies, buses, air, shipboard containers and railway cars since 1938.
For more information, visit www.europe.thermoking.com or www.tranetechnologies.com.