Ever since I started this resource in 2008, I have received several queries from readers who are totally new to the industry and my site, wanting to know how to use Shipping and Freight Resource and where to start learning..
In order to find and view the required information, it is important to understand the structure and design of this site, know how to navigate it effectively, where to go, how to look for articles of interest and how and where to ask questions..
So, here are 7 tips on how to use this Shipping and Freight Resource..
If you are totally new to the industry and this site,
1. If you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE ABOUT THIS INDUSTRY, read this page about Shipping, Freight, Maritime, Logistics, Supply Chain and Trade first..
Then you can read all About Shipping and Freight Resource.. This page will guide you on what this site is about and what you can learn here..
2. The next best thing for you would be to EXPLORE the site..
3. Click or hover over each of the menu items that you see on the Menu bar.. The articles are all classified by topics.. Like Articles ⇒ Shipping ⇒ Documentation ⇒ Bill of Lading which will bring up all articles published under this topic..
4. Apart from the above, on the Menu bar you can also choose
- Read the latest news, articles of learning which includes Quizzes and Shipping Jargon and other useful items, interact with the site and readers on social media, and also see how you can advertise and promote your products and services..
- You can use the search option in the menu bar (click the magnifying glass and it will expand) to search for any keywords related to the site and you will see those results..
5. Next area to explore would be the sidebar which lets you
- View list of Latest articles, Popular articles, Most talked about articles and the author’s favourite picks
- You can also subscribe to the site and receive all articles to your inbox for free
6. The sidebar also has Free Guides which you can download to develop your knowledge..
7. Below each post, you will see a Comments Section.. This is a very important section where you can share your views, opinions, answer other readers questions about a particular article..
This is an interactive resource, so don’t feel shy, do contribute using the comment form..
Under the help tab in the menu bar, you can also
- Download Shipping Documents
- View Comments Guidelines and Guest Post Guidelines
- Understand all the terminologies used in this site
If you have any doubts or difficulties in navigating this site, accessing information or finding out where certain items are, or if you have any suggestions for improvements, feel free to send me a tweet or drop me a mail..