HOW TO SECURE AND AUTOMATE YOUR NETWORK IN THE NEW BIG DATA ERA
Digitalisation is re-shaping the business world and is increasingly important for competitive edge. Transformational concepts, together with the evolution and development of new platforms, are providing unparalleled opportunities within shipping and the related transport and supply chain infrastructure.
If Industry 4.0 is to be truly realised, then shipping must embrace a new approach to the traditional supply chain. Moving a container from A to B involves, on average, 30 different actors and 200+ interactions – delivery of goods has never been more transparent, nor more complex. So, what can digitalisation do to streamline and integrate shipping with the broader supply chain?
Join us in London on 21 June to investigate how we can measure the impact of digital business and harness the benefits of new technologies to improve performance – from ship to shore to delivery.
Across four key sessions we will discuss how we can identify the real digital opportunity in front of us and re-define digitalisation in maritime and transport. Sessions will include plenary and expert-led panel sessions to enable interaction between audience and speakers, and will cover:
Session 1: The Maritime Satcom Summit – Investigating the evolution of mobile connectivity
Session 2: Harnessing Cyber Resilience & Managing Risk – A fresh look at cyber security, safety & risk
Session 3: The iShipping Revolution – Streamlining the supply chain
Session 4: Can Digital Drive Optimisation & Efficiency? – How to judge an investment case
The Speaker panel confirmed to date includes:
- Jon Key, Director of Strategy, Innovation and Transformation,Group
- André Simha, Global Chief Information Officer, MSC
- Tom Erling Hansen, VP Sales North Europe, Marlink
- Tim Morris, Chief Executive, UK Major Ports Group
- Bob Ball, Electrical Superintendent, BP
- David Jinks, Head of Consumer Research, ParcelHero
- Richie Blake, Director, Dohle Yachts
- Ken Munro, Founder, Pen Test Partners
- Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
- Sue Terpilowski, President of WISTA UK & Chair Maritime UK, Women in Maritime Taskforce, Chairman Ports, Maritime and Waterways Sector, The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Robert Squire, Director, Thales Certus, Thales Communications & Security
- Kyle Hurst, Director Maritime Safety and Security Services, Iridium
- Philippe Salles, Head of eBusiness in Maritime Transport and Supply Chains, Drewry
- Lisa Forte, Partner, Red Goat Cyber Security
- Chronis Kapalidis, ASNF Fellow, Chatham House
- Andrew Webster, Partner, JLT
- Tomaž Levak, Founder, OriginTrail
- Neville Smith, Director, Mariner Communications
- Neil Fulton, Programme Director, Transport Systems Catapult
- Piera Di Vito, Technical Officer, European Space Agency
and more to be announced
ABOUT DIGITAL SHIP
For 18 years Digital Ship magazine has provided the digital community of the world’s maritime industry with the latest news and developments, including satellite communications, software, navigation, vessel efficiency, cyber security, big data and analytics, to help keep shipping operating with maximum safety, efficiency and crew comfort.
Cathy Hodge, Event Director, Digital Ship
Shipping and Freight Resource is a proud media partner of Digital Ship..
*** End of Article ***